Work Experience

Shields Gazette back page, May 30 2013
I have experience at two local newspapers, the Lincolnshire Echo in the East Midlands and the Shields Gazette in the North-East, where I have interviewed, reported for online and in print and subbed, as well as performed general office duties. You can view all of my press cuttings here.


Lincolnshire Echo, page 87, April 3 2013
Lincolnshire Echo

Over the Easter 2013 period I spent a week on work experience on the sports desk at the Lincolnshire Echo. During my time with the Echo I secured a back page story for the Sleaford Target (who work in the same office) and provided a round-up of local football for the Echo. I also interviewed a local squash player, contributed to the website and helped to sub pages before they were published in the weekly newspaper, which was voted Midlands Newspaper of the Year 2013. I worked at the Echo again across the summer of 2013.





Lincolnshire Echo, page 88, June 19 2013
Lincolnshire Echo, page 89, July 25 2013
Shields Gazette
Shields Gazette, page 63, June 1 2013

At the end of May 2013 I was on the sports desk at the Shields Gazette. In a quiet week - with the football season over, the football transfer season not really in full swing and the cricket season pretty quiet due to the weather - I contributed to the daily newspaper and online on a number of occasions. My work included rumours for the website, quotes from Mathieu Deubuchy which made a back page lead, an online column on Ian Holloway and I had three bylines in the newspaper from four days.
The Shields Gazette, page 37, May 29 2013




0 comments:

Post a Comment